Our Last Day in London

The Last of Las Vegas... for now!

Well we've seen the last of Vegas for this trip... Steve is already planning his big comeback tour in 2017!

Other than the regular lounging and walking I thought I would talk about two things we did that we really enjoyed.

We decided we would like to see Jubilee which is a classic Las Vegas showgirl type of show. First we went to the box office (or what we thought was because they are always asking us if we want tickets!), but they were the timeshare people. We concocted some kind of strange lie about how we were never available during the day and side-stepped our way out of there. Moral of the story... if someone wants to give you something for free or cheap there is going to be a catch.

So then we found the real box office (by the hotel check-in) and asked the price. The cheapest were $69 each up into the $165 range. We decided to think about it and headed out to continue on our walk where we came across the cheap tickets kiosk (I think it is called Tix4Tonight... or something like that). They got us tickets for $63 each, which isn't that much cheaper, but it was for the good seats as opposed to the "in the back corner" seats. Once you buy from them you go back to the box office at wherever your show is and collect your tickets there.

I wasn't sure if we were going to like the show, as I've heard mixed reviews, but I did like it in the end for a few reasons.

1. It fit with the Las Vegas vibe. Lots of drama, colour, sparkles and entertainment.

2. I will try to say this as politely as possible, but I was impressed that they have a rule that their dancers are forbidden (yes forbidden!) to artificially enhance themselves. Which reminds me to tell you that this is not a show for kids (unless you don't mind your kids seeing topless showgirls!)

3. The costumes and feather headdresses were absolutely gorgeous!

Now there were some negatives... when I say it was dramatic I mean it was capital D dramatic. Perhaps a bit much. The male dancers appeared to not have as much training as the female dancers... at some points it looked awkward. Finally, the microphones are TOO LOUD. It was physically uncomfortable to listen to most of the singing even though the singing was good.

So I guess the mixed reviews were right. It is a mixed review... but I think still worth it if you are looking to see some classic Las Vegas.

After the show we headed over to my favourite Vegas restaurant which is Mon Ami Gabi in the Paris Hotel. You need to go here! (Optimally at night sitting out on the patio.) You can't beat the ambience of watching the Bellagio fountains at night while you eat an amazing dinner. It's also quite fascinating as you are basically right out on the strip so a parade of interesting and unique people are constantly going by!

Steve had the escargot which were delicious!!! Then he had the "Fred Flintstone Sized" pork chop which was absolutely amazing and I had the Filet Mignon in Merlot butter. WOW! We've visited this restaurant on three separate trips, and it has been excellent each time.

Our other "big night" was considerably cheaper... free even. We used MyVegas to get a free dinner buffet at the Luxor for each of us, and Jabbowockeez tickets for each of us. I love when things are free! Anyway, the buffet was okay. I probably wouldn't have paid for it, but I'm not generally fond of buffets because I never feel like I get my money's worth. The show was terrific! We both enjoyed it immensely. Be warned with your MyVegas tickets that they put you in the back corner, but really the theatre is so small it doesn't matter. We could still see perfectly... and did I mention that it was free? 😁

Other than that it was just the regular... pool, walking endlessly, etc. The thing about Vegas is you can never run out of things to do... or look at. Of course we'll be back... Steve has more poker to play and we have more things to see!

Comments