Our Last Day in London

Taupo - Rotorua

Febuary 16, 2011

This morning after leaving Angie's place we headed down into the town of Taupo. Fran decided to leave us to our own devices us as she had some important business to attend to (shopping for her new granddaughter!)

I must mention one interesting fact about Angie’s. When we walked into her house I glanced around and out of the corner of my eye I saw what I thought was a cute little dog stretched out in front of the TV. As I approached I quickly noticed it was NOT in fact a dog. Check out the picture to see what it actually was!

We took a drive around the lake, and also took a walk by the lake. Taupo is a very pretty town. I hadn’t even heard of it before we came here, but would definitely recommend it as a place to visit.

Steve and Auntie Fran


After our walk around the lake Steve decided to get a haircut and I sat by the lake and wrote some postcards.

We saw this sign on our walk! DO NOT let this happen to you!!

After this we decided to take a look around in the shops. I bought a new t-shirt. It was necessary really for two important reasons.

1)   I am getting extremely BORED of wearing the same thing over and over!

2)   I had to replace the pink t-shirt. I’ve totally destroyed it spilling food on it all the time (I’m messy… what can I say) and Steve is starting to get embarrassed when I wear the shirt in public 😉 The only downside is, now he won’t be able to easily find me in a crowd when I wander off… not many people have bright pink shirts!

After shopping, we saw the sign with a super-strong magnetic force… "Ice Cream" and stopped for a Tippy Toppy. I had the caramel fudge. Not only is the ice cream delicious, but there are little chunks of fudge in it! I kid you not! It’s extremely tasty!

Later we met up with Fran and headed out on our way to our next stop on our road trip. On the way we made a stop at Huka Falls.

It was quite beautiful.


We ended up taking a lot of photos because the water just looked so gorgeous! (We’ll only include a few so you aren’t bored silly 😀)

We continued on our way to Trevor and Merleene’s place. They live just outside of Rotorua in the green green countryside. It really was quite beautiful and peaceful.

We enjoyed visiting with Trevor and Merleene, who are very kind people, and we also enjoyed throwing the ball for Hannah. (Who needs your own dog when you can just play with everyone else’s dog?!?)



 

 

Comments