Our Last Day in London

Slow First Days in Ubud - Oct. 9, 2010

Senne's Summary: Arrived in Ubud. Lots of relaxing.  Checked out the town and the Monkeys.

October 7

Today we transferred to our new hotel in Ubud, the Saren Indah. I kid you not when I say that our new hotel has the most comfy bed I’ve slept in since our trip began. It’s king size, the mattress is amazingly comfy, the sheets are the high quality kind I love, there are four just-right pillows and there is even a mosquito netting canopy you can enclose the entire bed with. I’m glad we’re here for two weeks and I can enjoy the bed as much as I want!

This is a comfy place to write the blog!


The rest of the room is also nice including a nice balcony that overlooks trees and other plants.

View from our balcony


As I am looking off the balcony when we arrive, I see a rather gigantic spider in a web across from my balcony. The guy who showed us to our room assured me that it isn’t dangerous!


As Steve wasn’t feeling well today we mostly rested and enjoyed the room. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant, which was quite good.

One highlight for me was that as I was laying in the tub (big, but the drain has a slow leak) in the dark, I could hear traditional Indonesian music from the dance show at the restaurant next door. When the music stops, you really here the sounds of the jungle. I’m not sure what’s making the noises (frogs, lizards, bats, insects, birds, monkeys???) but it’s really loud and definitely reminds you that you are in Bali.

October 8, 2010

Today I wasn’t feeling well. Steve must have shared his bug with me... We took a little walk into town (which involves walking by the monkey forest), but didn’t stay out too long as I mostly wanted to just lay down.

The monkeys are very cute, but a little bit scary. They didn’t really bother with us, as we didn’t have any food.

A walk through the monkey forest to get to town.


Had another quiet day in the room. Steve played online poker and I napped and then we watched a few movies. We even ordered room service (pretty fancy for a room that’s 50 bucks a night, hey?).

October 9, 2010

Entering the restaurant for breakfast... they've lined the stairs with flowers.


We’re both feeling pretty good today and are excited to head into Ubud to check out what’s going on… and then… I put my back out putting on my shoe… sigh… as least it’s not as embarrassing as when I put my back out shaving my legs. This time it isn’t as bad, but guess what I’ll be doing today. Yep, laying in bed.

Steve walked into town. Got a little more comfortable with the monkeys and checked out some shops and picked up some treats!

Repeat the last few days… online poker, naps, reading, movies, and room service.

I’m glad we are here for two weeks. I don’t even really feel bad about lying in bed for days on end 😉

Comments