Our Last Day in London

Getting into a Pattern - Oct. 6, 2010

 October 4, 2010

This morning we managed to wake up in time for breakfast.  We did some swimming, a little shopping (I needed some clothes that prevent quite so much condensation), had another foot massage, ate a yummy lunch, walked around town, ate a terrific seafood dinner on the beach for about $15 including a very generous tip, swam some more and called it a "Perfectly Wonderful Day" 😁

October 5, 2010

Basically we did the same things as yesterday. We are in a pattern of eating, walking, swimming, drinking and getting massages 😁 Today we had the three hour treatment together. Full body massage, facial and hair cream bath. Things are a little different in Bali spas. The girls just stood there while Steve and I stripped down, and my masseuse was ogling Steve (all parts of him) whenever possible and quite openly.

One of the girls also told us that they make 10% of what the salon charges. No customers, no pay. “That is why my customers do the tipping, tipping.” 

It seems unbelievable that she can work for 3 hours on me and only make basically the equivalent of $2. Terry (one of the guys at our hotel) said he read that the average wage is $4 a day and tipping is not customary. It almost seems outrageous… and yet these are the happiest, kindest, warmest people I have ever met… and they certainly appreciate even the smallest tip!

October 6, 2010

Basically the same day repeated again… I am so relaxed that I can't even imagine what it used to be like when we would go to school, go to the Studio and then think about renovations. I am fully in my “lady of leisure” mode… and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

What do you do if you have nine million plus? You roll around in it on the bed 😁 (Well I'll never have that many $... might as well do it with Rupiahs!)

Comments