Our Last Day in London

One Night in Athens - Sept. 4, 2010

Saturday September 4, 2010

Senne's Summary: Flew to Athens

We had to get up really early this morning to pack our bags so we could fly to Athens. For some reason my bag seems more full this week, even though I gave mom some of my things for her to bring home… it must be my new t-shirt taking up all that room 😉

The flight was uneventful (and cheap… man I wish you could get a two hour flight for 55 Euros in Canada…).

The cab ride into town was a little hair-raising at times. My favourite was when the cab driver chose to pass someone on the highway at 120 km/per hour on the shoulder.

I unfortunately had a raging headache so chose to nap rather than explore Athens on the one day we had there. I think I’ve had my fill of seeing the sights for a few weeks anyways. Mom and Gary went out and saw a bit of Athens and sampled the local drinks.

We all had dinner at the rooftop restaurant in our hotel. It had an amazing view of the Acropolis and food that was absolutely delicious. We had to go to bed early because we are catching the 7:25 AM ferry!




Comments